No, it wasn’t PR. It was of course fire.
I was clearing up in the garden the other day and noticed the name of the company on the bag of firewood and couldn’t resist taking a photo. Which got me thinking to whether there were any connections between public relations and making a fire.
Here’s a few:
- They’ve both been around for ages (Roman emperors were particularly good at PR)
- Oldest skill/profession – let’s not go there
- Like starting a fire, with PR it sometimes takes a few goes to get it started
- Once it’s going you still need to tend to it for a while to make sure it doesn’t go out
- If you’re not careful it can get out of control
- The more practice you get at lighting fires the better you get at it
- A decent campfire keeps you warmer (ie gets the intended result) over a longer period of time than setting off a few firecrackers
Help us out with a couple more analogies!
Photo credit: http://www.freestockphotos.biz/stockphoto/17627